Monday, November 19, 2012

Friends

This is my friend Inge.


Yes, she is as sweet as she looks! Last summer we were having breakfast the morning after the Bible conference in Holland and we were trying to figure out when she would come to Ireland to visit me. We talked about a few different ideas but weren't sure what would work. She said that she'd work on and be in touch. The next thing I knew, she had a few other friends interested in coming too! I thought it was a great idea, but kind of doubted that it would come together. We're all Pastor's wives and have busy schedules, but I was touched that they'd thought of it.

Well, once Inge gets busy with something it really happens! Back in Cork I got an e-mail that 7 of them would come to visit! What an awesome treat!

                           
                              Inge, Margreet, Leyla, Marlies, Zwantje, Me, Gerda and Hanneke

We had such a great time. It was the first time any of us had done a "girls getaway" like this, but I don't think it will be the last. It was great therapy! We talked, shopped, ate, and laughed until we cried. I am so privileged to call these lovely ladies my friends, and so blessed that they would all come to visit me!

We went to Blarney Castle - No, none of us kissed the stone, but we did make it to the top.  
 
      
 

I'm so thankful for these wonderful friends!

3 comments:

  1. You are all such gorgeous women, inside and out! Looks like it was a wonderful time!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures, what sweet friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hé,I know these friends!! That must have been a great time there, with all these Dutch women.

    ReplyDelete