Monday, July 15, 2013

Such a nice birthday gift!

My birthday is July 4th. It's a great day to be born. As a kid I thought that all the festivities were for me! Who else got parades, picnics and fireworks for their birthday? I thought that I was pretty special!

But when you live in a country other than America, the 4th of July is just another day on the calendar. After 12 years I'm used to it. But this year I got a special treat for my birthday - I got to go to Holland to see some special people!

I did find a bit of 4th of July patriotism at the airport



Jason had just turned 2 months on the 3rd. It was amazing to see how much he'd grown and changed. He is such a love, always smiling and cooing. He's a real snuggly, cuddly baby too, and this Nana couldn't get enough of him.



 
Of course I had to share him with Grandpa too.
 
 

Yes, Grandpa was talking to him about guitars!

 

We had such a great time with Carly, Desmond and Jason. Carly made me an awesome birthday cake, we hit the sales and scored - (Yay for great deals and shopping with my own personal shopper!)
and we just had such a great time being with them - they're awesome!
 
 
 
 
 
It was fun to reminisce about Keith's birthday last year. That's the day we found out that Carly was pregnant! They told Keith in classic style, giving him a gift wrapped baby book and letting him figure it out.
 







It's hard to believe that was almost a year ago already!

 
We had another reason for being in Holland. Keith was asked to preach a marriage retreat in Amersfoort. It was such a fun time. I love those things, the atmosphere is always so great, and I'm a big fan of anything that strengthens and supports marriages!
 


 
It was such a treat to be able to spend my birthday with family and to be able to see everyone in Amersfoort. (Thanks Marlies and Martin!)


2 comments:

  1. We were so lucky to get to spend some time with you guys! So much fun! and I love the pictures you posted! xo Carly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kerri (stand-inn mom)

    Now I know when it's your birthday.. Since part of our family lives in America, we can't forget the 4th of July. It's a little late, but happy birthday :*

    Greets
    Astrid (we had sooo much fun in Lithunia, sleep walking and eating at your place ;) )

    ReplyDelete